Speak to Me
"Speak to Me" İngiliz progressive rock grubu Pink Floyd'un 1973 yılında çıkardığı The Dark Side of the Moon albümünün ilk parçasıdır. Nick Mason receives a rare solo writing credit for the track; Roger Waters subsequently claimed this was a "gift" to Mason, one which Waters came to regret after his acrimonious departure from the band. A live version is included on Pulse.
|"Speak to Me"|
|Dark Side of the Moon albümünden Pink Floyd şarkısı|
|Yayımlanma||1 Mart 1973|
|Kaydedilme||June 1972 – January 1973|
|Tarz||Instrumental, musique concrète, experimental|
The song itself features no lyrics (although it contains parts of the conversation tapes that Pink Floyd recorded, as well a short snippet of Clare Torry's vocal performance on "The Great Gig in the Sky"), and consists of a series of sound effects. It leads into the first performance piece on the album, "Breathe". As a result, they are usually played together on the radio, and most later re-releases merge the two songs together.
Noticeable sound and instrument effects include:
- Kalp atışları; this can also be heard at the end of "Eclipse"
- Saat sesi, also heard in "Time"
- Manic laughter of Peter Watts, also heard in "Brain Damage"
- Yazar kasa sesi, also heard in "Money"
- Helikopter sesi, also heard in "On the Run"
- Clare Torry's vocalese, also heard in "The Great Gig in the Sky"
- Backwards piano chord, which leads into "Breathe"
|“||I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years. I've been over the edge for yonks. Been working with bands so long, I think. Crikey...||„|
|“||I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. (" Hep deliydim, biliyorum deliydim, çoğumuz gibi.") It's very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad. ("Neden delisin sen açıklaması zor, deli olmasan bile.")||„|
- ^ Strong, Martin C. (2004). The Great Rock Discography (7th bas.). Edinburgh: Canongate Books. s. 1177. ISBN 1-84195-551-5.
- ^ a b c d Mabbett, Andy (2010). Pink Floyd - The Music and the Mystery. Londra: Omnibus. ss. 160p. ISBN 978-1-84938-370-7.
- ^ "Dark Side of the Moon — Text from interview with Roger Waters". 3 Mart 2016 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 31 Temmuz 2009.
- ^ http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/pink-floyd-dark-side-40-years-later-40-205227757.html