NBA G League
Bu maddenin daha doğru ve güvenilir bilgi sunması için güncellenmesi gerekmektedir.
Daha fazla bilgi için tartışma sayfasına bakınız.
NBA Development League yani National Basketball Association Development League (D-League) (Türkçe:NBA Gelişim Ligi) NBA'nin bir yan ligidir. Merkez, Güneybatı ve Batı gruplarında bulunan beşer takımla, NBA D-League'de toplamda 15 takım vardır.
2020-21 NBA G League
|Son şampiyon||Rio Grande Valley Vipers|
|Resmî site||NBADLeague resmi web sitesi|
2021 sezonuna katılmayan takımlarDüzenle
Gelecekte katılacak takımlarDüzenle
|Birmingham||Birmingham, Alabama||Legacy Arena||17,654||2019[e]||2021||TBA||New Orleans Pelicans|
|Capitanes de Ciudad de México||Mexico City, Mexico||Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera||5,242||2017||2021||Ramón Díaz Sánchez||None|
|Motor City Cruise||Detroit, Michigan||Wayne State Arena||3,000||2003[j]||2021||TBA||Detroit Pistons|
- ^ As the Columbus Riverdragons.
- ^ As the Huntsville Flight.
- ^ As the Utah Flash.
- ^ a b c d The original Erie BayHawks, at the time an affiliate of the Orlando Magic, were fully purchased and moved to Lakeland as the Lakeland Magic starting with the 2017 season. However, the Atlanta Hawks began operating their new development franchise in Erie, before moving it to College Park, Georgia, when their new arena at Georgia International Convention Center was completed. A third franchise began using the BayHawks' name with a new franchise owned by the New Orleans Pelicans in 2019.
- ^ a b The New Orleans Pelicans purchased an expansion team that began play as the Erie BayHawks in the 2019–20 season with intentions of moving to Birmingham, Alabama, for the 2021–22 season
- ^ As the Asheville Altitude.
- ^ Played as the Idaho Stampede in the Continental Basketball Association before joining the NBA D-League in 2006.
- ^ As the Dakota Wizards; Played in the International Basketball Association and the Continental Basketball Association before joining the NBA D-League in 2006.
- ^ As the Anaheim Arsenal.
- ^ a b As the Long Beach Jam in the American Basketball Association. Joined the D-League as the Bakersfield Jam in 2006.
- ^ Played in the Continental Basketball Association and the International Basketball League (1999–2001) before joining the NBA D-League in 2006.
- ^ As the Los Angeles D-Fenders; did not field a team for the 2010–11 season.
- ^ As the Reno Bighorns.
- ^ As the Colorado 14ers.
Team ownership and NBA affiliationsDüzenle
Ownership models vary across the NBA G League. Growing willingness among NBA organizations to invest in the G League has led to two main models: direct ownership of G League teams by parent NBA clubs and single-affiliate partnerships in which the G League team remains independently owned while the parent club runs and finances basketball operations.
Parent club direct ownership began in 2006 when the Los Angeles Lakers bought their own NBA D-League franchise, originally known as the Los Angeles D-Fenders and since 2017–18 as the South Bay Lakers. This was followed by the San Antonio Spurs purchasing the Austin Toros (now the Austin Spurs) in 2007, and the Oklahoma City Thunder purchasing the Tulsa 66ers (now the Oklahoma City Blue) in 2008. This led to more NBA teams to either purchase existing franchises or create expansion teams in order to have their own single-affiliation teams. In 2011, the Cleveland Cavaliers purchased the New Mexico Thunderbirds to become the Canton Charge and the Golden State Warriors purchased the Dakota Wizards, with the Warriors moving the Wizards a year later to become the Santa Cruz Warriors. In 2013, the Philadelphia 76ers purchased the inactive Utah Flash and moved them to Newark, Delaware as the Delaware 87ers (now the Delaware Blue Coats, and playing in that state's largest city of Wilmington). In 2014, the New York Knicks became the seventh team to fully own and operate their own NBA D-League affiliate in the Westchester Knicks. In 2015, the Toronto Raptors created their own expansion franchise, the Raptors 905. In 2017, the Timberwolves purchased the Iowa Energy and renamed the team the Iowa Wolves.
In 2009, the Houston Rockets and Rio Grande Valley Vipers pioneered the single-affiliate partnership, also known as the hybrid model. In November 2010, the New Jersey Nets and Springfield Armor announced they would enter into a single-affiliate partnership that began in 2011–12. In June 2011, the New York Knicks and Erie BayHawks announced they would be singly-affiliated. In May 2012, the Portland Trail Blazers entered into a single-affiliation partnership with the Idaho Stampede. The following month, the Boston Celtics and Maine Red Claws announced a single-affiliation partnership. In June 2013, the Miami Heat announced that they had entered into a single-affiliated partnership with the Sioux Falls Skyforce. In July 2013, the Sacramento Kings and Reno Bighorns (now the Stockton Kings) entered into a single-affiliation. The Stampede ended their affiliation with the Trail Blazers after the 2013–14 season and in June 2014 announced their affiliation with the Utah Jazz. The Armor moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan, after the 2013–14 season and affiliated with the Detroit Pistons. From 2014 to 2017, the Memphis Grizzlies had a single-affiliation with the Iowa Energy. In 2015, the last multiple affiliate team, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, was purchased by the Indiana Pacers making the 2015–16 season the first with all teams having single-affiliations.
In some cases, the hybrid affiliation led to the parent team buying their affiliate's franchise outright. On March 24, 2015, the Utah Jazz purchased their affiliate, the Idaho Stampede, and after one more season in Boise relocated the team to Salt Lake City. On April 11, 2016, the Phoenix Suns purchased their affiliate, the Bakersfield Jam, and announced the immediate relocation of the team to Prescott Valley, Arizona, as the Northern Arizona Suns beginning with the 2016–17 season. On October 20, 2016, the Sacramento Kings bought the majority ownership of their affiliate of the previous eight seasons, the Reno Bighorns, and would eventually move the team to Stockton, California as the Stockton Kings after the 2017–18 G League season. On December 14, 2016, the Magic purchased their affiliate, the Erie BayHawks, with the intention to relocate the team to Lakeland, Florida, in 2017. In 2017, the Miami Heat purchased the controlling interest in the Sioux Falls Skyforce after being its primary affiliate since 2013. In July 2019, the Boston Celtics acquired its affiliate, Maine Red Claws.
Parent club ownership: Agua Caliente Clippers (by the Los Angeles Clippers), Austin Spurs (by the San Antonio Spurs), Birmingham (by the New Orleans Pelicans), Canton Charge (by the Cleveland Cavaliers), Capital City Go-Go (by the Washington Wizards), College Park Skyhawks (by the Atlanta Hawks), Delaware Blue Coats (by the Philadelphia 76ers), Fort Wayne Mad Ants (by the Indiana Pacers), Greensboro Swarm (by the Charlotte Hornets), Iowa Wolves (by the Minnesota Timberwolves), Lakeland Magic (by the Orlando Magic), Long Island Nets (by the Brooklyn Nets), Maine Red Claws (by the Boston Celtics), Memphis Hustle (by the Memphis Grizzlies), Motor City Cruise (by the Detroit Pistons), Oklahoma City Blue (by the Oklahoma City Thunder), Raptors 905 (by the Toronto Raptors), Salt Lake City Stars (by the Utah Jazz), Santa Cruz Warriors (by the Golden State Warriors), Sioux Falls Skyforce (with the Miami Heat), South Bay Lakers (by the Los Angeles Lakers), Stockton Kings (by the Sacramento Kings), Westchester Knicks (by the New York Knicks), the Windy City Bulls (by the Chicago Bulls), and the Wisconsin Herd (by the Milwaukee Bucks).
Future expansion teams and locationsDüzenle
Expansion in the league was slow for the first years, but has rapidly increased since the movement towards single-affiliate teams has become the norm.
Confirmed expansion and relocationsDüzenle
On October 24, 2018, the Pelicans announced plans to place their G League team in Birmingham, Alabama, to play in Legacy Arena located in the Birmingham–Jefferson Convention Complex by 2021 or 2022. As the arena needed to be renovated, the Pelicans' affiliate began play the 2019–20 season as the Erie BayHawks after the Atlanta Hawks' affiliate moved to College Park. The team was confirmed to relocate for the 2021–22 season and the BayHawks ceased operations following the 2020–21 season when it could not obtain a fourth franchise and NBA partner.
On December 7, 2017, NBA commissioner Adam Silver announced that he was looking into having a G League expansion team in Mexico City potentially as early as 2018. In September 2019, Raúl Zárraga of NBA Mexico stated that the league is working on adding a team in Mexico for the 2020–21 season. On December 12, 2019, NBA commissioner Adam Silver announced that current Liga Nacional de Baloncesto Profesional team, Capitanes de Ciudad de México will be joining the G League in the 2020–21 season on a five-year agreement. During the restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic, a normal 2020–21 season did not occur and the Capitanes were not mentioned as members for the G League's 2021 season. They announced they still plan on joining in 2021–22. It would be the NBA's first official team in Mexico after testing the market with exhibition and regular season games in the city.
On July 29, 2020, the Detroit Pistons announced that they had purchased the Northern Arizona Suns from the Phoenix Suns and will move the team to Detroit to play in the new Wayne State Arena for the 2021–22 season as the Motor City Cruise.
Expansion candidate locationsDüzenle
On October 12, 2015, it was announced that Omaha was pursuing a D-League franchise. Gary Green, the owner of the Omaha Storm Chasers, said the NBA approved the idea of a franchise while also mentioning the Minnesota Timberwolves and Denver Nuggets as possible affiliates. Green said, "We've had talks with the NBA and the guys in the D-League and they absolutely want to have a team in Omaha... We have a deal with the D-League in place, we just gotta find a franchise now." The potential home for an Omaha team could be CHI Health Center Omaha (known as CenturyLink Center Omaha in 2015), Ralston Arena, or Baxter Arena. There have been no further developments since 2015 for a team in Omaha.
Defunct / relocated teamsDüzenle
- ^ "MLSE Purchases NBA D-League Team As League Expands To 19 Teams For 2015-16 Season". Raptors 905. 29 Haziran 2015. Erişim tarihi: 9 Temmuz 2017.
- ^ Robbins, Jesse (24 Mart 2015). "Utah Jazz Purchase the Idaho Stampede". SaltLakeCity.GLeague.NBA.com. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. Erişim tarihi: 13 Kasım 2018.
- ^ "Entertain & Sports Arena". St. Elizabeths East. Erişim tarihi: 21 Haziran 2017.
- ^ Dunlap, Evan (15 Nisan 2014). "NBA D-League: Orlando Magic to partner with Erie BayHawks, according to report". Orlando Pinstriped Post. Erişim tarihi: 9 Temmuz 2017.
- ^ a b "Phoenix Suns Buy Bakersfield Jam; Relocate Team to Prescott Valley, Arizona". OurSports Central. 12 Nisan 2016.
- ^ "NBA D-League Expands to 18 as Knicks Purchase Team". NBA.com. 10 Mart 2014. 14 Mart 2014 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 10 Mart 2014.
- ^ "Timberwolves finalize purchase of NBA D-League team Iowa Energy". Fox Sports. 3 Mayıs 2017.
- ^ "Sacramento Kings Buy Controlling Interest in NBA Development League's Reno Bighorns". OurSports Central. 20 Ekim 2016.
- ^ "Sacramento Kings NBA G League Franchise Reveals Identity As Stockton Kings" (Basın açıklaması). NBA G League. 18 Nisan 2018. Erişim tarihi: 23 Nisan 2018.
- ^ "Orlando Magic Purchase NBA D-League's Erie BayHawks". OurSports Central. 14 Aralık 2016.
- ^ "New Orleans Pelicans set to announce G-League affiliate in Birmingham". The Times-Picayune. 23 Ekim 2018.
- ^ "Pelicans to bring NBA G League team to Birmingham by 2022". wvtm13.com. 23 Ekim 2018.
- ^ "N.B.A. Plans to Put a Minor-League Team in Mexico City". The New York Times. 7 Aralık 2017.
- ^ Arnon de Mello: “Queremos el próximo año equipo de G-League en México” - Carlos Herrera Luyando, NBA México, 19 September 2019
- ^ "NBA G League Expands to Mexico City in Landmark Partnership with Capitanes". NBA G League. 12 Aralık 2019.
- ^ Kaynak hatası: Geçersiz
2021Bubbleisimli refler için metin temin edilmemiş (Bkz: Kaynak gösterme)
- ^ "NBA G-LEAGUE ANUNCIA EL INICIO DE SU TEMPORADA 2021 CAPITANES DEBUTARÁ EN LA SIGUIENTE TEMPORADA(2021-2022)". Capitanes. 8 Ocak 2021.
- ^ "NBA will establish G-League team in Mexico City as soon as next season, per report". SB Nation. 7 Aralık 2017.
- ^ "Detroit Pistons Purchase Northern Arizona Suns From Phoenix Suns". Erişim tarihi: 29 Temmuz 2020.
- ^ Report: MiLB team owner says ‘deal in place’ for D-League expansion in Omaha
- ^ TBL: Storm Chasers owner Gary Green discusses the Mets playoff chances and NBDL news for Omaha