Katherine Anne Porter
Katherine Anne Porter (15 Mayıs 1890 - 18 Eylül 1980), Kurgu dalında Pulitzer Ödülü sahib Amerikalı gazeteci, makale yazarı, kısa öykü yazarı, romancı ve siyasi eylemci. 1962 yılında yayımlanan Ship of Fools romanı ABD'de en çok satan roman olmuştur.. İhanet, ölüm ve kötülüğün kökeni gibi koyu temalı eserler kaleme almıştır.
|Katherine Anne Porter|
15 Mayıs 1890|
18 Eylül 1980 (90 yaşında)|
|Tür||Roman, kısa öykü|
|Önemli ödülleri||Kurgu dalında Pulitzer Ödülü|
- 1966 – Pulitzer Prize for Fiction for The Collected Stories (1965)
- 1966 – National Book Award for The Collected Stories (1965)
- 1967 – Gold Medal Award for Fiction from the American Academy of Arts and Letters
- Three nominations for the Nobel Prize in Literature
- 2006 – Porter was featured on a United States postage stamp issued May 15, 2006. She was the 22nd person featured in the Literary Arts commemorative stamp series.
Kısa Öykü KoleksiyonuDüzenle
- Flowering Judas, bk(Harcourt, Brace: 1930).
- Flowering Judas and Other Stories, (Harcourt, Brace: 1935). I
- Pale Horse, Pale Rider (Harcourt, Brace: 1939).
- The Leaning Tower and Other Stories, (Harcourt, Brace: 1944).
- The Old Order: Stories of the South, (Harcourt, Brace: 1955).
- The Collected Stories of Katherine Anne Porter, (Harcourt, Brace: 1964).
Kurgu Olmayan EserlerDüzenle
- The Days Before, (Harcourt, Brace: 1952). Includes many of Porter's book reviews, critical essays, memoirs, etc.
- The Collected Essays and Occasional Writings of Katherine Anne Porter, (Delacorte: 1970).
Ölümünden Sonra YayınlananlarDüzenle
- Letters of Katherine Anne Porter, (Atlantic Monthly Press: 1990), edited by Isabel Bayley. Includes portions of over 250 letters Porter wrote to over sixty correspondents between 1930 and 1966.
- "This Strange, Old World" and Other Book Reviews Written by Katherine Anne Porter, (University of Georgia Press, 1991), edited by Darlene Harbour Unrue. Includes almost 50 of the book reviews Porter published in various periodicals during her lifetime.
- Uncollected Early Prose of Katherine Anne Porter (University of Texas Press: 1993), edited by Ruth M. Alvarez and Thomas F. Walsh. Includes twenty-nine of Porter's prose works of fiction and nonfiction, not included in earlier published editions.
- Katherine Anne Porter's Poetry (University of South Carolina Press: 1996), edited by Darlene Harbour Unrue. Includes all thirty-two of the poems Porter published in periodicals during her lifetime.
- Porter: Collected Stories and Other Writings (Library of America: 2008). Includes the full text of "The Collected Stories of Katherine Anne Porter" (Harcourt, Brace 1964) as well as many of the pieces that were included in her two previous collections of nonfiction.
- Selected Letters of Katherine Anne Porter: Chronicles of a Modern Woman (University Press of Mississippi: 2012), edited by Darlene Harbour Unrue. Includes over 130 complete letters Porter wrote to over seventy correspondents between 1916 and 1979.
- My Chinese Marriage by Mae Franking, ghostwritten by Porter (Duffield & Co: 1921).
- Outline of Mexican Popular Arts and Crafts, (Young & McCallister: 1922).
- Katherine Anne Porter's French Song Book (Harrison of Paris: 1933).
- A Christmas Story, (Delacorte: 1967).
- The Never-Ending Wrong (Little, Brown, & Co.: 1977).
- ^ "Obituary: Katherine Anne Porter." Variety, September 24, 1980.
- ^ "THC-Katherine Anne Porter". Recorded Texas Historic Landmark (Texas Historical Commission). Retrieved: February 22, 2011.
- ^ "Fiction." The Pulitzer Prizes: Past winners & finalists by category. Retrieved: March 30, 2012.
- ^ "National Book Awards, 1966." National Book Foundation. Retrieved: March 30, 2012.
(With acceptance speech by Porter and essays by Mary Gaitskill and H.L. Hix from the Awards 60-year anniversary blog.)
- ^ "Katherine Anne Porter Stamp Sails Into Post Offices". United States Postal Service, May 15, 2006. Retrieved: July 10, 2008.
- ^ Gicker, William J.. ed. "Katherine Anne Porter 39¢." USA Philatelic, Volume 11, Issue 3, 2006, p. 13.
- Papers of Katherine Anne Porter housed at Hornbake Library, University of Maryland Libraries
- Kütüphanelerdeki Katherine Anne Porter tarafından oluşturulan veya hakkındaki eserler (WorldCat katalogu)
- Barbara Thompson Davis (Winter–Spring 1963). "Katherine Anne Porter, The Art of Fiction No. 29". The Paris Review.
- Brief biography at Perspectives in American Literature
- Katherine Anne Porter at American Masters (PBS)
- Photos of the first edition of Porter's Pulitzer Prize winning book
- Official site of Porter's childhood home in Kyle, TX
- Stuart Wright Collection: Katherine Anne Porter Papers (#1169-009), East Carolina Manuscript Collection, J. Y. Joyner Library, East Carolina University